Stuyvesant Lighthouse - Stuyvesant Landing (north of Kinderhook, NY)
Originally one of the oldest lighthouses on the Hudson River, the first Stuyvesant Lighthouse was a stone structure completed in 1830. Destroyed by an ice dam in 1832 which killed four of ten people in the keeper's family, it was rebuilt in 1835. Later, another lighthouse was built slightly to the south. It was abandoned in the early 1900s and has since been torn down. Only the circular bluestone base remains.